Koyuan is an accommodation facility that enables you to charter and stay at a whole block of “machiya,” Kyoto’s traditional townhouse. It is a place where you can experience Japanese culture and art created with obsession of the owner who is a painter in Kyoto.
It is the nearest machiya accommodation facility to the center area of Gion in Kyoto and is located in an alley connected to popular Gion Hanamikoji where maikos and geikos can be often seen. Popular sightseeing spots, Yasaka Shrine, Kodaiji Temple and Kiyomizu-dera are also very conveniently accessible on foot. You may securely stay at this facility with hotel / inn business license.
|Koyuan Address||560-25 Komatsu-cho HIgashiyama-ku Kyoto 605-0811|
|From Kyoto Station||
Approximately 10 minutes by train:
1. Take the subway to Shijo Station
2. Take a short walk to Karasuma Station to transfer to the Hankyu Line
3. Get off at Kawramachi Station and walk to Koyuan
|From Umeda Station (Osaka)||
Approximately 45 minutes by train:
1. Take the Hankyu Line (Catching the rapid express service is recommended)
2. Get off at Kawaramachi Station and walk to Koyuan
|From Kansai Airport (Osaka)||
Approximately 85 minutes by train:
1. Take the JR Express HARUKA line to Kyoto Station
2. Take the subway to Shijo Station
3. Take a short walk to Karasuma Station to transfer to the Hankyu Line
4. Get off at Kawaramachi Station and walk to Koyuan
|From Kawaramachi Station||
1. Go out exit 1B and turn right.
2. Walk straight to cross the Shijo-ohashi bridge and turn right at the third traffic lights
(The street that you need to turn right is "Hanamikoji" Street. There is an English sign to see)
3. Keep walking straight on Hanamikoji Street until you get to the gate of Kenninji Temple and then turn left.
4. Keep walking straight for 1 minute and you will see Koyuan on the right hand side.
(It is located right before the gate of the shrine. )
|Access by taxi||
Please present the following details to a taxi driver;
(The address of Gion Koyuan in Japanese)